Armadietto v0.2.0 released, including a UI refresh, updated dependencies, a Content Security Policy for the signup pages, a number of bug fixes, lots of documentation updates, and configurable logging via Winston!
A Docker Hub image will be available as well soon.
Advanced Cryptographic Ratcheting:
Scuttlebutt Protocol Guide:
TIL about @remotestorage
I was thrilled by the idea that webapps would implement a common storage API and i would just host my own Storage Server (like some Webapps allow you to use Google-Drive or Dropbox) just like i host my own XMPP.
Apparently there is still room for improvement, some servers seem to have stalled development or are not "selfhosting friendly" (i.e. have a docker-compose.yml).
This reminds me of the Solid project, I havent heard of in a while, too 🤔
The #remoteStorage monthly hangout is happening again tomorrow; this time with a focus on RS servers:
A new remoteStorage.js 2.0.0 beta has been released, finally works out of the box with TypeScript-based clients:
6. Be welcome to discuss on the forum https://community.remotestorage.io/t/new-remotestorage-io-website-live-wiki-is-retired/721
4. Our wiki has been retired and folded into the website
3. Each page has an edit button, so you can submit modifications with a few clicks https://github.com/remotestorage/website/edit/master/index.md
1. https://remotestorage.io now features a new design which can be updated by simply editing text in markdown files
Monthly hangout starting in 15 minutes! Join us here https://community.remotestorage.io/t/remotestorage-monthly-hangout-august-2021/708
5. There might be some funding opportunities for work on remoteStorage server, implementations. *If you can help with grant-writing please reach out* :)