"Microsoft pain machine". Pretty much.
Grow little hops, grow!
Windows 95 now available as an electron app: https://github.com/felixrieseberg/windows95/releases
We have a confirmed location for Hacker Beach #7 (January 2019)! https://hackerbeach.org/hacker-beach-7-location-confirmed/
Problems we are having with #Signal:
* It is and will remain centralized (clear strategy of *not* federating servers)
* It requires strong identifiers/selectors (phone#) to use
* Author disallows distribution by anyone but Google, although free/libre
* It keeps pushing away verification of fingerprint in interface
* It relies on Google+Amazon infrastructure
* Its funding is shady (OTF = Radio Free Asia = USG)
= clearly unethical choices, unjustifiable by accessibility or technological reasons.
I know this is uselessly meta, but I’m very happy to have an open portable alternative to the “please sell your soul to a corporation to do anything useful” bird-site.
Current location search for Hacker Beach #7 (January 2019) has everyone excited about Uruguay. If anyone has suggestions for particular coastal villages or towns there, we're all ears!
A dangerously fun time at the Upper Bucket. Geuze.
So this is odd. Using firefox nightly with multiple profiles running. In one instance the updater ran and restarted. The other instance...?
Setting up a new laptop, once again using https://github.com/lfit/itpol/blob/master/linux-workstation-security.md as a hardening guide.
Had my first SATA SSD die. It's also new enough to claim warranty!
I never noticed that the filler text from a lot of Anime was so interesting. https://legendsoflocalization.com/japans-love-affair-with-filler-english-text/
Free Software/Hardware advocate. Linux, devops, cloud, public speaking, privacy, cycling, janky old cars
A friendly place for tooting. Run by the Kosmos peeps.